This Top Chef Cook-off was created by Cohen Children’s Medical Center and Kohl’s Cares to inspire families to develop creative, nutritious, tasty, and kid-friendly recipes.
Cooking with children can be a fun way to promote healthy eating habits, and offers both short-term and long-term benefits. Cooking at home can:
- Encourage children to try healthy foods.
- Reduce the number of meals eaten outside the home.
- Involve children in the planning, shopping and preparation of meals.
- Teach skills they can use for the rest of their lives.
- Help build self-confidence.
- Take time away from screens and other sedentary behaviors.
Here’s how it works:
Recipes are submitted online along with a photo of the completed recipe. Online submission will be accepted until Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014. Recipe submissions must fall into one of three categories; appetizer/side dishes, entrees, dessert/snacks. Five semifinalists from each category - a total of fifteen semifinalists - will be chosen and notified on April 28, 2014. These semifinalists will attend a cook-off at Cohen Children’s Medical Center on May 10, 2014 from 9 AM – 12:00 Noon.
Top Chef Danny Gagnon will be present to assist with judging at the cook-off event. At the event one winner will be selected from each category. These 3 finalists will be judged, the winner will receive the grand prize and the two runner ups will receive a prize.
We encourage you and your family members to get involved! Come and be a part of this exciting endeavor!